list of article contents:
- What is PCB assembly service?
- Pcb assembly service quotes.
- Why Choose Wholepcb for Your PCB Assembly project?
- How much does it cost to get a PCB assembled?
- Why is PCB assembly so expensive?
- How do I order a PCB assembly?
- What is the difference between PCB assembly and PCB fabrication?
- Some questions about PCB assembly below you interested in.
PCB assembly service is an electronic contract manufacturer use their technology and facilities to assembly PCB to customer according to their customer requirement. The manufacturer may use through hole technology or surface mount technology to work on their customer PCB assembly project. Which technique they would use is accord to the customer design.
PCBA Quotation include: bare PCB Cost , Stencil Cost , electronic Components Cost, Assembly labor Cost, finishing and Testing Cost.
After you provide us the PCB requests, such as Pads finished, quantity, PCB layers, dimensions of PCBs, we can we can calculate out PCBs cost for you.
We would quote you every components price on our side for you reference. if any components you want to provide by yourself you can tell us. we can take delete their cost from quotation sheet.
Our PCB assembly quotation sheet would list out all the labor cost on through hole pads, surface mount technology pads and pcb quantity.
The stencil would be used for soldering the SMD components, we would keep the stencil for you fours month. Usually stencil wouldn’t ship with PCB board to customer. but if you need us ship to you, we can tell us, we also can ship to you.
Flashing and Testing Cost would depend on the consume time and involve the equipment, in the quotation sheet we would mark them out in detail, let you know them better.
why choose wholepcb for your pcb assembly project?
We are leader PCB assembly service provider manufacturer in the world. If you work with us, you would get below benefits:
- On stop PCB assembly service, we can provide you through hole PCB assembly, surface mount assembly, or SMT-HTH mixed assembly, PCB types can be rigid-flex, rigid, flex, single layer, double sided, multilayer PCB, POP package etc.
- High quality, we not only use high quality electronic components for certificated manufacturer, but also we strictly test our PCB board in every step, Our test way have automatic optical inspection( AOI), Performance functional testing, in circuit testing, X-RAY inspection etc.
- Reliable factory, for over 16 years in PCB assembly ,we know well different industry need different standard PCB board quality, so we can custom PCB for their request. Our operation team are experienced on handle PCB assembly for different industry, such consume products, security, industrial equipment, communication, energy, automobile, medical, space etc.
- Short lead time, our quick turn pcb assembly service lead time can be 1-2 days for single PCB assembly project, if it is complex project our lead time can be 2-5 days.
- Order Small volume to high volume all ok. No matter your order quantity is small low volume patch or high volume quantity, we both can finish for you well.
- Quick reaction, we would make a new team to operation our project, if you come to work with us, so our reaction to your question and handle your problem would be in shortest time. Let your work become easier.
- Competitve price, as an original pcb assembly manufacturer, we have completely full material and components supply chain, we can control cost better, so we can give you better offer.
- On time delivery, Our delivery record nearly 100% on time, over 60% order delivery early than schedule. order from us, let your production goes well.
|Pcb Assembly Capability||Pcb Manufacturing Capability|
|SMT Position accuracy:20 um||Layers: Mass production: 2~58 layers / Pilot run: 64 layers|
|SMT Components size:0.4×0.2mm(01005) —130×79mm,Flip-CHIP,QFP,BGA,POP||Max. Thickness: Mass production: 394mil (10mm) / Pilot run: 17.5mm|
|SMT Max. component height::25mm||Material: FR-4 (Standard FR4, Mid-Tg FR4,Hi-Tg FR4, Lead free assembly material) , Halogen-Free, Ceramic filled , Teflon, Polyimide, BT,PPO, PPE, Hybrid, Partial hybrid, etc.|
|SMT Max. PCB size:680×500mm||Min. Width/Spacing: Inner layer: 3mil/3mil (HOZ), Outer layer: 4mil/4mil(1OZ)|
|SMT Min. PCB size:no limited||Max. Copper Thickness: UL certificated: 6.0 OZ / Pilot run: 12OZ|
|SMT PCB thickness:0.3 to 6mm||Min. Hole Size: Mechanical drill: 8mil(0.2mm) Laser drill: 3mil(0.075mm)|
|SMT PCB weight:3KG||Max. Panel Size: 1150mm × 560mm|
|Wave-Solder Max. PCB width:450mm，||Aspect Ratio: 18:1|
|Wave-Solder ：Min. PCB width: no limited，||Surface Finish: HASL,Immersion Gold, Immersion Tin, OSP, ENIG + OSP, Immersion Silver, ENEPIG, Gold Finger|
|Wave-Solder Component height:Top 120mm/Bot 15mm||Special Process： Buried Hole, Blind Hole, Embedded Resistance, Embedded Capacity, Hybrid, Partial hybrid, Partial high density, Back drilling, and Resistance control|
|Sweat-Solder Metal type : part, whole, inlay, sidestep，|
|Sweat-Solder Metal material: Copper , Aluminum，|
|Sweat-Solder Surface Finish: plating Au, plating sliver , plating Sn|
|Press-fit Air bladder rate: less than 20%，|
|Press-fit Press range: 0-50KN，|
|Press-fit Max. PCB size: 800X600mm|
|Testing：ICT,Probe flying,burn-in,function test,temperature cycling|
Contact Us For Quotation Now
The PCB assembly cost may be from 1USD/Pieces to 100USD/pieces. The pcb assembly cost can be so far different is because different design pcb board may would involve different material, equipment and labor cost.
There are several factors affect PCB assembly cost: using components, assembly methods, PCB complexity.
- The PCB assembly involve more electronic components, the cost would be higher. Some electronic components are pretty expensive, such as FPGAs and ICs, if PCB assembly need to use them, price would be expensive.
- The machine automatic assembly is more precision and stable than manual, but it is costly, if quantity is small. Manual assembly would easy make more scraps.
- The more pcb complex, the pcb assembly cost is more expensive. Usually Rigid-flex, high frequent, HDI, multilayer PCBs are expensive. If the PCB is with special design such as Microvias, blind vias, buried vias, the pcb would be more expensive. Also fine-pitch would consume more cost.
- Lead free PCB assembly would use soldering machine work in high temperatures than lead pcb assembly, so if you make lead free pcb assembly you would spend more.
why is pcb assembly so expensive?
Usually people may found their the pcb Assembly cost is far expensive than bard PCB, They would confuse, why pcb assembly service so costly. Are those PCB Assembly manufacturer quotation reasonable?
If you want to know the manufacturer quotation fair or not, you should know the factors affect pcb assembly cost first. The factors affect the pcb assembly price are a lot, such as turnaround time, lead-free assembly or not, BGA components, fine pitch, lead less, quantity of THT, double-sided SMT or not, quantity of PCBs, BOM lines etc.
Some unused components should be abandoned, that can save time cost. Different project should select correct soldering method. If some cross reference part cost is cheaper, you can take it into consideration, that would help you save cost. Our team can give some suggestion on this part for customer reference free of charge. Fine pitch parts and lead free standard requirement would consume more cost. if your project can give them, you can save cost. You can think it careful before make decision.
If your PCB assembly is double sided assembly, you would spend more cost. Becuse placing electronic components on PCB two side surface, at least you need to two time, and stencil you need to make two side stencil, machine programming work also need to make two times. so compare with single side Assembly it must take your more cost.
Is there leadless and fine pitch requirement on your PCB assembly project, if yes, they would consume your more cost too.
If your project is urgent, you request quick turn around pcb assembly service, that would consume your more cost. This is same condition in all manufacturer in the world.
If you don’t know which parts you can save, you can contact us, let us evaluate your project and give you some professional suggestion for your reference first.
how do i order a pcb assembly?
- If you have PCB Assembly requirement on some projects, and you want to cusom PCB board, you need to propare this documents:
- Quantity and PCB specification.
- BOM of your project.
- PCB Gerber files.
- Parts mapping for soldering (showing your soldering requirements)
- specific requirements(if you have)
- If have a sample board on hand, you want a pcb assembly manufacturer to make out same pcb board for you, you can source a capable manufacturer to reverse/clone the PCB board for you. Some manufacturer don’t have this ability.
We are manufacturer providing pcb assembly service over 16 year, no matter custom a new PCB or clone PCB, we are always can finished perfect for our customers. if you have pcb assembly request, welcome to contact us.
Wholepcb as a leader PCB manufacturer, we can provide one stop pcb assembly service, such as prototype pcb assembly, PCB board assembling, product introduction, cable assembly supply chain management, hard find components sourcing etc.
Besides, we can provide you Turnkey PCB Assembly, Box build assembly, AOI inspection, ICT testing, X-ray testing, IC programming, Coating finishing, BGA assembly and so on.
We can help you to find out mistake in your PCB design, prevent it consume your no necessary cost. That is free of charge in our company. Our PCB assembly are strictly according to ROHS and IPC-CC-830B standards.
Contact Us For Quotation Now
PCB fabrication is to manufacturing bare PCB board, BCB assembly is used bare PCB to solder electronic components on bare PCB board.
When a pcb board want to performance its electrical function in product, it need to solder with a lot of different electronic component on the bare board. The process of soldering electronic components on blank bare board is called PCB assembly. Use there is two way for PCB assembly, one is surface mount technology(SMT) assembly, other is through hole technology(THT) assembly.
SMT assembly is printing the soldering pasted by metal stencil on PCB, and use automatic machine to pick and place electronic components on the PCB.
Through hole technology assembly is used the electronic components lead to insert into PCB holes and solder on the PCB board.
The process starts with a design. Some PCB fabrication specialists use a client’s Gerber file as the basis for a board. This file describes the physical characteristics of the board and its intended use. Other customers provide their own files, which the PCB manufacturer then uses to generate schematics. These files are then rendered in an industry-standard format. A PCB can be fabricated from a Gerber file if it follows the correct specifications and is created using a certain standard.
There’s a process for building PCBs, which begins with design and layout. Next, cutting and lamination take place. This is just one step in the manufacturing process. It adds up to laying images and drying devices on the board. The final step is soldering the entire board to the core. After the PCB is assembled, it’s time to test it!
1. If we receive your pcb assembly boards with defects? How you handle our problem?
We know the quality is our company foundation base, so we take quality seriously.Usually we would test all the PCB board before shipping, any defective PCB found would be take out from the batch, only the perfect PCB can be shipping out to customers.
If you still receive the PCB assembly with defective, you can take the photo or record the video and send back to us, we would ask our engineers to analyse what is the problem. If the defective is our quality problem, we would resend new perfect PCB board to you free of charge.
2. What components you would use for PCB assembly, are they quality good?
Our components usually come from element14,digikey,mouser, local electronic market. If you think any market components is better, tell us, we can go to buy components from those market and control quality for you.
3. Can you keep our pcb assembly project information secure?
Yes, we wouldn’t disclose your project information to any other one, we would keep it secretive, between you and us.
4. If I conact you, how long you can quote back to us?
As long as contact with us, and send your project detail documents of your pcb assembly to us, we would quote back you within 12 hours. With cost and lead time.
5. Can you buy electronic components from the our specified supplier?
Yes, we can buy the electronic components for your awarded supplier. If you need, we also can pay for them and arrange the delivery components from them to us, all work we can do for you. Let your work be easier.
6. Does your quotation of PCB assembly in a detail quotation sheet?
Yes, we would arrange a quotation excel for you, which include each parts, components and labor cost for you, let you know about their cost exactly.
7. Is your PCBs assembly ROHS quality?
Yes, all our materials are lead free. We export a lot of PCB board to German, Italy, Sweden, UK etc.
8. What is your minimum quantity order ?
We don’t have quantity limited, one pieces pcb assembly, we also can make for you.
Contact Us For Quotation Now